Adding a Signature to your Blog...Here's how..

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yesterday, I went on a mission to figure out how to add a signature to my blog. Candace over at His Mercy is New asked me how I did it. Here is a brief description of what needs to be done....
First go to My Live Signature to create a signature. You have the option of using their signature creation wizard, drawing the signature on the screen, or using a scanned image. I chose the first option because it was easiest. After going through the process of picking a signature (which is a total of 5 steps), you get to the "Finished" screen. Click on "Want to use this signature?" Then click on "Generate HTML code". Click on "Generate a code for my handwritten signature". You will copy this code. Then go to "Settings" on your blog and then to "Formatting". Down at the bottom of the Formatting page you will find "Post Template". Paste your code in there and you are done! Now every time you write a post your signature will show up. As you are typing a new post, don't erase the signature and do all your writing before the signature.

A couple of problems that I encountered...I had to do several signatures before I got one I liked. No big deal...just copy and paste the new code. Also, all your older posts will not have signatures on them...only the ones from here on out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Debbie! :) I'm going to try it out sometime soon!