Storing bulk foods in smaller containers

Friday, April 3, 2009


I have recently started buying more and more food in bulk. This was becoming a problem because then I couldn't really store these items in the kitchen because the containers were so big. I was constantly going out to the garage for my big box of dry milk, for example. Well, I read a month or so ago about using canning jars and the plastic lids that you can buy for them nowadays. I am loving storing foods this way in my kitchen! This idea is not mine...I read about it here and here. I store dry milk, dry mixes, bacon bits, coffee, etc. in these jars. I put a piece of clear tape on the top of the lid and write with a Sharpie the contents of the jar. They all fit neatly in the cupboards and there is a little more organization to my shelves.

No comments: