New "Gardening" Concept

Monday, April 27, 2009


This post was posted on another website several months ago that I was asked to write for...I thought this would be an appropriate time to share it here.


I must admit that I can’t take credit for the following idea. A dear friend and fellow homeschool mom taught me this lesson several months ago. I am grateful to her for her wise words in this facet of “gardening”.
We are all imperfect parents…hence our need for a Perfect Heavenly Father. We make mistakes with our children day in and day out. And though we may strive to become better parents, we won’t totally perfect our skills this side of heaven. Therefore, we need to pray for crop failure! Pray for those seeds of bitterness, fear, anger, jealousy, dysfunction, etc. that we may plant in our children’s lives to fail miserably in their growth. Pray that all our mistakes that we make, all the weaknesses we display will not take root. Pray that our children may look to the true Vine so that they “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (II Peter 3:18) This is my daily prayer….that all my shortcomings will produce only crop failures in my kids.

No comments: