It Came From Within!

Monday, November 24, 2008

I just finished reading It Came from Within: The Shocking Truth of What Lurks in the Heart by Andy Stanley. The book focuses on the condition of our hearts in regards to four "monsters" that tend to lurk hidden in our hearts ready to leap out at any moment. These four monsters include guilt, anger, greed, and jealousy. In each of these, there is a debt to debtor relationship. For example...

Guilt says, "I owe you".
Anger says, "You owe me".
Greed says, "I owe me".
Jealousy says, "God owes me".

In each case, if the monster is left to lurk, there will be consequences...guilt leads to more sin, anger leads to imprisonment, greed leads to total loss and jealousy leads to resentment......Andy, with humor and wisdom, gives solutions to each ailment....but you must read the book to find out how to conquer these monsters!
Check it out here.

No comments: