Seven Verses to Pray for Emotional Healing {Free Printable}

Wednesday, October 28, 2015



In the past year God has been working on me and my prayer life. I am spending more time in prayer by having a system of who and what to pray for. I am also using His Word in my prayers. Basically, praying the Scriptures back to Him has been my goal. {To read more on this concept, see Candace's post from His Mercy is New.} I have prayed Scriptures for those that have wounded me and also employed God's Word to ask Him to heal me. Here are the verses I have been praying...

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 
Lord, only You know how to heal me. Bind up my wounds and give me the care I need in order to be whole again.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. I Peter 5:10
I pray that you will show my Your grace and restore me. Strengthen my heart weakened by the hurt. Help me to stand steadfast in You.

"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me", declares the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
Heavenly Father, please use all that is happened in my life not as a weapon, but as a tool for healing. I pray that those that have accused me will be refuted. Vindicate me and release me from my prison of hurt.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. James 5:16
I pray that I can be honest enough to confess my sins to those I have hurt. Give  me the strength to bless those that have hurt me through praying for them. I pray for healing for all those involved in my life story.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Lord, I plead with you to create in me a pure heart even though I have been tainted by the hurt I have endured. Change my spirit from one of weakness to one that is strong. I need Your renewal.

Your faith has made you well. Luke 17:19
I ask for the faith to believe that You can restore me even as I go through the process of healing. There are days that feel like I have made no progress. Help me overcome my unbelief and go forward in faith that my healing will come.

"They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 1:19
Heavenly Father, I ask that you will help me overcome the hurt I have received. I need Your rescuing arm to come and save me.

Also, you might want to read 31 Scriptures to Encourage the Broken-hearted.

If you would like to print these verses out to use as you pray please click here for a free printable.

If you are working through healing you might be interested in reading the rest of this series, 31 Days of Hope and Healing.




No comments: