The God that is on Your Side

Wednesday, May 20, 2015


Ever had a day, week, or maybe a whole year where you want to ask God the same question Gideon did? "If the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us?" {Judges 6:13} If the Lord is with me, why is this happening? There are times when what happens to us makes us doubt His love, but our circumstances are not an indicator of His love. Even in the worst God is looking out for our best.

Since 2013, I have been on a mission to grasp how much He loves me. Circumstances told me He wasn't on my side. Pain declared He didn't have me on His heart when He allowed betrayal to enter my life. I got to the point of thinking because others had rejected me maybe He had too. The only problem with those thoughts is as I read God's Word I saw a different picture. Dozens of snapshots of His love for me.

Are you feeling like He left? Maybe He doesn't care like you thought He did? Are you wondering why He saw fit to allow pain into your life? This might be the time to search out how He loves you regardless of what you have been through. Join me over at His Mercy is New today to read ten verses about how God is for you {with a free printable}.

No comments: