A Spacious Place {Verses of Hope}

Tuesday, October 21, 2014



A little over a year ago God led me out into a wilderness. I had been living in a world of pain suffocated by the actions of others. I felt confined and hopeless. I was anxious because of the unhealthy situation I was in. I felt stuck and wanted out. Trapped. Then in the middle of it all, He set me free to move from the unhealthy situation to a whole new world. God had taken me to a "merchab", the Hebrew word for a "spacious place".

There is now freedom. I can breathe and feel safe. I can take the time to heal without the condemning eyes of others watching me. It truly is spacious in the sense that I can move about freely without fear of condemnation. "Merchab" also has a second meaning...freedom from anxiety. The "spacious place" is where we can be free to trust Him and what He is doing in our lives. 

God's aim is always to bring us to a spacious place. To set our feet in freedom. He refuses to hand us over to our enemies whatever or whoever they may be. Basically, He is out for our good even when it is painful. We just need to wait on Him to lead us to that roomy place of freedom.

If you are struggling right now hang on to hope. He will not leave you forever where you feel stuck. Call out to Him. Lean in on Him. Wait on Him. Because God is the Great Mover, and He wants to change your residence to one that has a bit more room.

This post is part of a series called Verse of Hope. Come join me as I explore God's Word and the hope He gives through it.

No comments: