The End from the Beginning

Thursday, July 3, 2014


I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please.
Isaiah 46:10

He knew all along that it wouldn't turn out well. Her husband would pass on.  Her sons, too. She would be left lonely in a foreign land except for the daughter-in-law that clung to her. The only thing left to do was to return home, empty and bitter.  To find a way to eke out an existence. But then the daughter-in-law remarried and had a child. They were saved from poverty and added to a line of royalty. He knew all along it would turn out well because He knows the end from the beginning. -The Story of Ruth

These days I am learning to rest in the fact that God knows the end from the beginning. He knows how it will all end and we can rest in His plan. When our hearts are wounded...when our worlds fall apart...when we feel we can't move forward, God is there with us...leading us because He knows the way to the end of all that we experience.

Sometimes I question God. Why has He allowed the loss in my life? Why has He stood off stage and let the plot unfold like He has? If He just would have change the circumstances...  At times, I can see why He has allowed certain events in life. Heartbreaks create soul strengths in our lives. He is creating in me a person of strength that didn't exist before. He has a goal...a vision of what each of us should look like in the end.  He will not deviate from that goal.  His purpose stands. He uses each and every event in our lives to make us into who we are meant to be.

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6 

What He starts He finishes. We can rest in that.


No comments: