Peace on the Journey

Monday, May 12, 2014


Extreme peace...that is the only way I can explain what I have been experiencing. How do we get peace?  Maybe it is in not fighting.  Simple to say, hard to carry out.  Not all gifts are great.  Sometimes He allows those things that make life hard. We need to trust that He is more concerned with our character than our comfort.  When we thank Him and accept what He brings into our lives the striving ceases and the peace begins...

{4,476-4,490}

-Canning orange marmalade
-Friday evening conversation with a friend



-Matthew in May...this has been such a blessing for me to focus on one chapter each day in Matthew.  Thanks, Candace, for coming up with this idea!


-Finishing my fourth Jane Austen...just two more to go to read all of them!
-Excited to read a new book, The Waiting: The True Story of a Lost Child, a Lifetime of Longing, and a Miracle for a Mother Who Never Gave Up.  It grabs you right from the start!! I haven't been able to put it down and read the first 200 pages in one day!


-The ability to minister to the hurting
-New lighting in the garage
-Fellowship on a Wednesday night
-Friday lunch
-The finish of the school year
-Meals once again in the freezer
-Healing and the peace that it brings.  I am so thankful for the rough year I had last year.  I have grown in ways I didn't think possible.
-Humor from my boys
-Going to a greenhouse (LOVE the smell and environment in them!!)
-My husband cooking
-A new Bible study heading my way in the mail.  Can't wait!



No comments: