The Storm Inside by Sheila Walsh

Tuesday, February 11, 2014


There is always a storm brewing.  Either we have just been through one, are going through one, or one is headed our way.  It is just a fact of life.  Recently, I read Sheila Walsh's book, The Storm Inside.  Her book is ten chapters...each one talking about a different type of storm that we have the potential to go through. What I loved about her writing is that she just doesn't talk about the storm.  She explores how to get through it and transition to something better.  For example, here are a few of the storms she touches on...

-From Heartbreak to Strength
-From Unforgiveness to Freedome
-From Regret to Rest
-From Fear to Joy
-From Rage to restoration

Another awesome aspect of her book is that at the end of each chapter, Sheila provides a section called "Standing Through Your Storm" in which she gives practical ideas on how you can come out on the other side of it all.  This was my favorite part of the book in that it gave me ideas to really work with in my own life. She offers verses to memorize, questions to answer or journal about, and a prayer to pray.  I would highly recommend her book if you are suffering through a storm!



Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: