Love Does {DVD and Study Guide} by Bob Goff

Tuesday, January 28, 2014



Last year I had the privilege of listening to Bob Goff, the author of Love Does, speak at a conference.  He is a vivacious, sanguine speaker that exudes the love of Christ. Listening to him speak motivated me to love God and others! I read Love Does last year and thoroughly enjoyed his stories and the connections he makes about Jesus. The book speaks about what love really is.  It is an action that is meant to be lived out.  His DVD and study guide are based on the book.  It is meant to be used in small groups, but anyone can benefit from it.  There are five short video sessions that parallel many of the lessons in the original book.  The study guide offers an introduction, a "Hearing the Word" section where Scripture is connected to the concepts taught, discussion questions, and ideas on how to put love into action.  In part of the study guide it asks you to read a section of his book.  While this is not absolutely necessary, I do believe that it adds to the study.

Bob Goff will challenge your concept of what love looks like and how it should act.  We are to love audaciously in word and deed.




Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.

No comments: