To-Die-For Granola Bars

Friday, November 29, 2013


I don't make these often.  Maybe because they taste too good!  But here is a great recipe for granola bars.

  Granola Bars

1 cup brown sugar (I reduce this a bit)
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup melted butter
2 t. vanilla

Mix the above ingredients and then add...

2 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 t. sesame seeds
1 cup chocolate chips

Stir well and then press into a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350.  Let cool before serving.

This recipe is flexible.  The last time I made these I didn't have coconut, sunflower seeds, raisins, or wheat germ.  So I added some almond flour and ground flax seed and that did the trick.  So you can experiment with the ingredients to make it work!

No comments: