Love No Matter What by Brenda Garrison

Thursday, March 21, 2013



Parenting isn't for cowards.  It is one of the toughest jobs out there!  As my boys get older I have noticed that the parent/child relationship is changing.  They get to make more decisions on their own.  I recently read Love No Matter What by Brenda Garrison and loved what she had to say about your relationship with your kids especially when they make decisions you may not agree with.  Brenda gives practical, Biblical advice on what to do when faced with the paths our kids take as teens and young adults that may be foolish or downright wrong.  The main focus of her book is that we need to build bridges to our kids and maintain a relationship with them regardless of their poor decisions.  We may not love their behavior, but we need to love them. She equates our relationship with God (we also are misbehaving children) and how He treats us when we walk down the wrong path.  She gives us the picture of God (like the father of the Prodigal Son) as compassionate, forgiving, and patient.  If you are struggling in your relationship with your teen or young adult child this book is worth the read!




Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: