Streams in the Desert

Thursday, February 21, 2013


 Walking through the halls of church this past Sunday a friend caught me telling me that she "was bearing gifts".  She thrust a book into my hands and told me how much it had influenced her life.  "You will have to read this. It will bless you." She wasn't wrong.  

Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings blessed me from the moment I flipped through its pages.  The first sentence I came across..."Afflictions cannot injure when we blend them with submission."  How I need to hear those words!  If I will just submit and stop fighting the trials that I am going through there will be peace. Stop trying to understand it all.  Stop trying to figure out how to fix it.  Stop worrying.  Stop.  Only submit and sing (see below).  Sing a song of thanksgiving for whatever I am going through. Sing gratitude regardless of circumstances.

Stop. Submit. Sing. Seems simple enough. Yet hard to do! The only way to endure a trial.  The only way to walk through the grief. The only way to peace.



No comments: