The Artist's Road

Sunday, January 20, 2013



 I wouldn't have chosen this road.  Never.  Yet, it is the path that was drawn for me so long ago. Drawn by a great Artist (Ecclesiastes 3:11).  I could fight against the path...the picture in the making.  I could try to thwart the Artist's design, but to no avail (Job 42:2). For some reason He saw fit to take me down a broken road.  For some reason He chooses to paint with the darkest of colors. 

But maybe the Artist has been right all along.  Maybe there are no mistakes in the picture.

He wants to make me in to what I am not. The scared little child is no longer.  He wants to strengthen me. The one who was weak has a strange inner strength now.  He wants me to learn to forgive. Even in the face of 70 times 7. He wants me to show grace. Grace to those just like me...those that hurt me because they are hurting.   He wants me to stand up to the abuse and the pain. Something the younger version of me would have never done.  He wants me to be still.  Still enough for Him to fight my battles (Exodus 14:14).  He wants me to lean into Him. He wants me to be stripped of all that I am so that He can be all Who He is.

A broken road.  A road not of my choosing. The irony is that this broken road...the one I never wanted to go down has lead to my deliverance.  To my healing. 

The Artist has been right all along. 

_______________________________________________
My Word of the Year for 2013?  Redeemed.  Spending a year looking at how He redeems all things in my life...


  

No comments: