Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado

Sunday, January 27, 2013


He loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.--Max Lucado

Ever wonder what God's goal is for you?  He wants you to be like Jesus.  Max Lucado's book, Just Like Jesus, is an excellent look at how God wants to mold us to be like Him. Each chapter talks about what kind of heart God wants to give us: a forgiving heart, a listening heart, a pure heart, etc. I particularly loved the chapter on the hope-filled heart. Max goes through the final hours of Jesus' life and talks about how Jesus had a different perspective on what was happening to Him even though the circumstances looked grim. As always, Lucado's analogies and illustrations really made me think about what God wants for us and how He wants us to change.  At the end of the book are study questions for each chapter that ask some pretty probing questions to get you to think and evaluate your own life.

As with all Max Lucado books, I highly recommend this one!



Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: