The Truth About Forgiveness by John MacArthur

Wednesday, May 23, 2012



What are the basic concepts that we need to know about forgiveness?  John MacArthur has written a simple book on a not so simple topic: forgiveness.  Each chapter brings out important concepts such as...

-We need to be forgiven.
-God's forgiveness is undeserved.
-God wants to forgive.
-God provides the way to forgiveness.
-God wants us to forgive others.

I have done a lot of study on the topic of forgiveness simply because God has put several circumstances in my life that have required it.  While I felt that MacArthur's book could have gone more indepth there was a plethora of great concepts to glean.  I LOVED his description of the father in the prodigal son story.  He brings out some details of the story that I had never thought about when it comes to God forgiving us.  Also, MacArthur's chapter on the need to forgive others is hard-hitting and convicting.  It will make you think of those around you that you may have a hard heart towards.

There are other books in this series, "The Truth About..." that might be worth checking out!

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: