Making Smoothie Packets

Friday, May 18, 2012

We love smoothies in our house!  But what I love more than smoothies is having "smoothie packets" in the freezer.  That way I don't have to think about the process too much in the morning.  You just pull out a packet...let it thaw a bit on the counter (or submerge it in hot water) and then blend.  I finally figured out an easier way to fill the Ziploc baggies (sandwich size) with the smoothie ingredients.  I take a pint canning jar and put the bag over it and then starting filling...
Here is the recipe I use...not too exact in the measurements, but it works!

Strawberry-banana smoothie

(This make one packet.  Place the ingredients in the bag as listed.)

1/2 banana
1/4 cup thawed OJ concentrate
1/4 cup strawberry yogurt
4 strawberries (I just use frozen)

When ready to serve...thaw slightly and add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and blend. Enjoy!


These small baggies then go into a gallon Ziploc to be stored in the freezer. YUM!

1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

What a great idea! Yum!