God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Sheila Walsh knows brokeness...she herself has experienced.  I recently had the opportunity to read her latest book God Loves Broken People. It has been one of the best reads on suffering that I have read in a long time. Her book touched my heart and gave me a deeper understanding of what suffering does to us and can do through us. I especially LOVED her analogy of "bummer lambs".  I won't give it away, but you just have to read how bummer lambs are changed under the care of their master's hands.  It is a perfect picture of what God does for us in our suffering if we allow Him to work through us.

To give you an idea of some of the topics in the book here is a partial list of the chapter titles.

I'm Not Waving, I'm Drowning
Bummer Lambs and Black Sheep
Hiding, Pretending, and Other Failed Escapes
Fierce Love and Halloween Grace

The other aspect of this book that I loved was the Bible study portion at the end.  It is more in-depth than I have seen in other books...offering more thoughts, Bible verses and questions.  This book is so worth it if you are going through suffering, been through it or are watching someone else go through it.  I guess that covers just about everyone!

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.

No comments: