Homeschool Mother's Journal: The Start of School

Friday, August 19, 2011


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

       In my life this week…I have done some major bulk cooking and general prep work   for school. 
In our homeschool this week…This is our first week of school after a break.  We started out light and haven't tackled all our subjects yet.
I am inspired by…Pinterest! I recently got an account and am enjoying seeing all the ideas out there!
My favorite thing this week was…getting my hair highlighted and cut.
Things I’m working on…Memorizing the ENTIRE book of James. I am currently on chapter two.
I’m reading…Nothing!  This is very strange for me as I tend to read a lot, but I just haven't had time.
I’m cooking…lots of veggies from the garden.  Made eggplant parmesan from eggplants that I grew!
I’m grateful for…that we found our dog! The boys lost him earlier this week!
I’m praying for…a great school year.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
We have a tradition in this house of starting out the school year with cupcakes. This year we decided to get "technical"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Pinterest too:) I think we are going to steal your idea and make cupcakes to start of the year.

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh, those cupcakes are CUTE! What did you use to make the computers? Sweet idea! ;)

I haven't started my "bulk" cooking for school yet. I'd like to get many bread and pizza doughs made and in the freezer as well as do a "marathon bake" of quick breads like banana chip bread and pumpkin bread.

Stopping by from THMJ!

Debbie said...

The computers are chocolate wafers with white icing.