What a Fight!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sometimes we don't need to put up a fight...

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14


I was reminded this weekend that we need to let God doing the fighting for us. We need to trust that He will take care of us and deal with our battles appropriately.  I love how God works...He has been fighting for me lately and I did't even realize it!  Then as I am sitting in service this past Sunday our pastor starts to talk about how God fights for us.  It dawned on me that that is what has been happening in my life in a very tough situation!  So thankful that we have a God that has our lives figured out when we don't!

Can I be still in this situation? Can I wait it out in peace knowing that He works all things together for my good?  That is the challenge...to have peace and patience in the midst of the turmoil. Do I trust that He will take care of the pain that has entered my world?  Do I trust Him with my life, my family, and my reputation?  I am slowly coming to realize He is the only one that fights fair.  He is the only one that should be in the ring!  I am going to let go and let Him do His job!

No comments: