A Place Called Blessing by John Trent and Annette Smith

Friday, July 15, 2011


Several years back I read a book called The Blessing. The Blessing talks about how to parent your kids and what they need to thrive: meaningful touch, spoken words, attaching high value, envisioning a special future for them, and genuine commitment.  John Trent recently wrote a fiction book based on this concept entitled A Place Called Blessing. Most of this book I read through tears! It is the story of Josh and his troubled childhood and his "redemption" in the end by a family that chose to give him "the blessing". The book clearly illustrates how this can be done in a person's life.  Such a heart-rending story filled with triumph, forgiveness, and love. I would highly recommend this great read and when you are done go back and read The Blessing.

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: