Homeschooling for 2011-2012

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I recently finalized my plans for the boys' school this year.  We are heading into a huge transition.  Zach will be a freshman in high school.  The thought just scares me!  I never dreamed that we would get this far!  Here are our plans:


Zach (9th)
English I - which will consist of IEW's Fix-it and Character-based Writing lessons, Spelling Power, Word Roots and literature analysis.

Math- Finishing Math-U-See Algebra I and then moving into geometry.

Science- Apologia Biology

Social studies- TRISMS Rise of Nations (I have never used this curriculum....looking forward to it!)

Spanish I- Breaking the Barrier

PE-Log of activities and reading Fitness for Life


Noah (5th)
Language Arts- Institute for Excellence in Writing Fix-it and US History-based Writing Lessons, Spelling Power, Italics, Winston Grammar

Math- Math-U-See Epsilon (fractions)

Science- Apologia Zoology I

Social Studies- Biblioplan III

Spanish- Rosetta Stone

Piano lessons

I am praying for an awesome year!

No comments: