March Cooking

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Each month a friend and I cook together so that we have meals in our freezer for the month. We have done it different ways (see here and here for one method).  Right now we are doing something different.  I pick 5 recipes, and she picks five.  We then make a few of them at home and exchange them.  The rest we save for one short cooking day.  This has made life so much easier and given us a lot of variety in our meals.

Here is what I am cooking to exchange with her...

Murder Mystery Chicken (It has nothing to do with murder or mystery unless you count the death of a chicken! LOL)

Orange Balsamic Chicken

Spinach Ravioli Casserole-I bought spinach and cheese ravioli from Sam's (in the refrigerated section).  In a casserole dish I put some Prego sauce on the bottom.  Then ravioli, sauce, ravioli and then ended with sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top.  Bake til heated through.  Super easy!

Tim's Spaghetti sauce
{I tend to quadruple this recipe}

I lb. hamburger, crumbled and cooked
1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
chopped onion and pressed garlic (each according to taste)
2 T. sugar
dried basil and oregano (to taste)


Bake Spaghetti Carbonara--This recipe comes from Not Your Mother's Casseroles. Super yummy.  Check out the book!

No comments: