God's Promises: Devotional Journal

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I recently received God's Promises in the mail. This book is part devotional and part journal. For each date you read a verse and a short devotional from a Christian author and then there is a question related to the topic and journaling space to write your answer.  The Christian authors include Max Lucado, Henry Blackaby, Larry Crabb, David Jeremiah, Sheila Walsh (I love her stuff!) and many more.

While I think this is a well put together book it would not be one that I would want to spend the money on.  Mainly, I thought that the devotionals were too short.  I would have loved something more in depth. But I can see that they are shorter in order to give journaling space.  So if you love to journal this may be an excellent devotional for you.

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! It sounds pretty good!

Visiting you today from the Hop!
Katie

PS...I am hosting a fun spring giveaway over at my blog! Be sure to stop by and check it out! :)