Bible in 90 Days-Isaiah and Jeremiah

Sunday, February 27, 2011

This past week I spent all my time in Isaiah and in Jeremiah.  While there are so many wonderful, encouraging verses in both these books, I have to admit that I really struggling understanding all the prophecies contained in these books. It is probably due to the fact that I am not familiar with all the history.

But there are gems that I did glean. One of the main concepts that I got out of Isaiah was that the Israelites were being punished for their sins and having to face enemies as a consequence.  Yet, God offers them encouragement even through their suffering for their sins.  Here are a few.

All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. {Isaiah 41:11-13}

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.  {Isaiah 44:22}


No comments: