Edible Nativity

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I love this idea from Kendra at Aussie Pumpkin Patch!  Please visit her blog as she has lots of awesome ideas and gives far more information in her post than I will.  Here is what I had planned to do to make these for my Jr. High Sunday school class, but I am realizing that I am running out of time. I have decided that I am going to still do an edible Nativity, but with candies that I can buy at the store.  Check back tomorrow. I will post what my plans are for an edible Nativity in candy form.
These are cookie ideas to make an "Edible Nativity".  Each cookie represents one of the important roles in the Nativity.


{Angel} -- "Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy." -- Mexican Wedding Cake (a cookie for a time of "great joy".)
{Donkey} -- seven layer bars --These look like horse feed!
{Mary} -- ".. thou art highly favored.. Blessed is thee among women." -- Fudge or some other type of "highly favored" treat!
{Joseph} --  Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (a common cookie for a common man)
{Baby Jesus} -- "And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes"-- Buried Cherry Cookies.  Cherries hidden in chocolalte cookie dough...Jesus is hidden in our hearts.

{Manger} -- "and laid him in the manger; because there was no room for them in the inn." -- Haystacks

{Shepherds} -- "And there were.. shepherds.. keeping watch ofer their flocks by night." - Chocolate covered pretzel rods (A shepherd's staff).


{Herod} -- "Herod the king... was troubled." -- Peanutbutter cookies because Herod was a bit nutty!
{Wisemen} -- "they presented unto him gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh." --Snickerdoodles (Rolled in spices-cinnamon...representing the spices or gifts that the Wisemen brought.)
{Star} -- "for we have seen His star in the east." Peppermint candy (There is a star in the middle of each candy.)

Check out more holiday ideas by clicking on the button below!




1 comment:

SisterTipster said...

This is a cool idea~oh yeah, thanks very much...I just might try it~with our youth group at church. Thanks for sharing! blessings!!