A Year with God by R.P. Nettelhorst

Wednesday, November 17, 2010


A Year with God is a devotional that has 365 readings that are arranged by topics. The Bible passage for each day is printed at the top and then a short devotional follows it. Here are the topics that are covered...

Hope and Fear

Love and Hate
Perseverance and Quitting
Faith and Doubt
Loyalty and Betrayal
Companionship and Isolation
Mercy and Judgment
Forgiveness and Anger
Joy and Sadness
Peace and Conflict

This devotional is a bit different in that the focus is to read  more of God's Word.  There is no better way to gain an understanding of God than through His Word. I appreciated the fact that the verses are printed before the devotional.  I then have no excuse to not read the Scriptures.

I found these writings to be rather "light". The concepts that are presented are not dealt with in depth.  I would rather have more deep Bible study than using a simple devotion.  But for those that are short on time this would fit the bill.


Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.


No comments: