Bulk Cooking and The "Blahs"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This summer has been hard to make time to bulk cook with my friend.  We have already missed one month, and it was looking like August would be the same.  So my friend came up with an idea.  She would make three recipes and quadruple it and then give me half.  I would do the same!  It will still produce the same effect...12 meals in the freezer for each of us, but without us fretting over a time when we can both devote a day to cooking.  We will do it on our own time.

We are also going through a "blah" time in our cooking experience.  Have you ever gone through that?  You know...when you aren't inspired to cook and all the recipes you find seem "blah".  How do you get past that hump?  Any suggestions?  We are combatting the "blahs" this month by picking our tried and true favorites....recipes we know our families won't reject.

I will be making...
Taco Soup
Orange Chicken (Uncooked chicken breasts thrown in Ziploc bags.  Pour this mixture over them: 1 part bbq sauce, 1/2 part italian dressing, and 1/4 part orange marmelade.  The breasts can be thawed and grilled when you want to serve them.)
Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas

My friend will make...
Chicken Parmesan (we just coated chicken breasts will beaten egg and then breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese and Italian spices, then baked in a pan with spaghetti sauce and a slice of mozzarella on the top of each breast.)
Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
Jambalaya

1 comment:

Cherish said...

I'm intrigued by the black bean pumpkin chili. I have pumpkin in my freezer so I'll have to try it!