Goodbye, Dad!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My dad was here from South Dakota (Black Hills area) for a week.  We really enjoyed his visit! He is one of the greatest men I have ever known...so loving and kind...considerate of others and yet possesses a great sense of humor.  The boys enjoyed their time with him.  Dad got to meet Titan and fell in love with him!  My dad can be reserved and is always well composed and put together (being a former Lt. Col. in the Army can do that to you!), but one night I caught him sprawled out on the floor rolling around and playing with Titan.  Not a picture that I see often of my dad!  It just cracked me up!  Here is our going away picture..taken right before Dad said good-bye.  He will be driving out of Alaska today and eventually down the whole Alaska Highway home to SD.  We will miss him!  I will post more pictures soon of our time together.


No comments: