Tips for Making Cinnamon Rolls

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We love cinnamon rolls here. I have to admit though I don't make them often because they are labor intensive. And I haven't made them recently because I am trying to reduce my sugar intake. I just made a batch and did reduce the brown sugar filling a bit and used agave nectar in the dough. We normally skip the icing altogether. The one thing I have learned is to make them in the evening. Let the dough rise and shape the cinnamon rolls. Put them in the pan you are going to bake them in and then stick them in the fridge. In the morning take them out about 30 minutes before baking them. That way you don't have to get up so early to make great cinnamon rolls. I recently found on Everyday Food Storage a video with great ideas for making cinnamon rolls. The two tips that I came away and have tried is making the filling into paste instead of spreading butter and then sprinkling the brown sugar and cinnamon on the dough, and using dental floss to cut your cinnamon rolls. YES, dental floss!!!!!! It works really well! The rolls look so amazing when you cut the dough with dental floss! So check out the video!

No comments: