Times Tales Deluxe

Friday, February 13, 2009

I just pulled out Times Tales for my younger son. I bought it years ago for my oldest when he was struggling to memorize the multiplication facts. This tool is wonderful for helping kids memorize the upper times tables (6x6 and up). Basically it is a set of ten pictures (one for each problem) each with a short two sentence story to help the child memorize the fact. The numbers 6, 7, 8, 9 become characters in the stories. For example, 8 is represented by Mr. or Mrs. Snowman because an 8 looks like a snowman. Here is an example of one of the stories. In this story there are two tree houses (which represent #9). The first tree house grew 8 apples and the second one grew 1 apple...therefore 9x9=81.
I was able to sit down with my 2nd graders and go through the stories...in about 20 minutes he had all of them memorized. We will continue to review the stories in the next few weeks to solidify the facts. This program is so amazing because it is easy and it works!!! Visit their website!

No comments: