This I Call to Mind

Friday, February 20, 2015


Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.
{Lamentations 3:21-25}


There are days that I am consumed. By worry. Will I get everything done? What happens if...? By heartache. Will I ever heal? By unforgiveness. Can I just get past it so that I can treat them with love? By loss. Will life ever be the same?

There are days when you are consumed, too. You feel you will never make it through, get past it, or triumph over the impossible. There are too many broken pieces in your life, and you don't even know where to begin putting it back together. It would be so much easier to sit back, give up, and let life consume what little is left of you.

But the problem with giving up? God doesn't. Each morning He covers us in compassion. He stands by waiting to fill in the gaps between those broken pieces. Our job is just to hold on. Wait on Him to work out whatever we are experiencing. Seek and trust Him in the details.

Each morning is a new day with new possibilities. Sure, the problems are still there, but so is God! My story is not over. Neither is yours. We can wake up each morning know that the Author of our stories is all we need to hang on to hope.

Need a bit more hope? See all the Verses of Hope.

No comments: