Service Opportunities for Homeschoolers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

About a week ago I wrote a post about what we do for service projects around here.  I thought I would post a list of some ideas that work for those that homeschool and want to bless others in need.

Holiday Mail for Heroes-Sending Christmas cards to soldiers.


Operation Christmas Child-We always drop our shoeboxes off at our church.  If your church doesn't do this please check for a drop off point in your community.  This is an opportunity for you and your family to pack a shoebox with goodies for a child in need. Samaritan's Purse, who runs Operation Christmas Child, will deliver the box and present the gospel to the child.

HEARTS-"Homeschoolers Educating, Assisting and Reaching out Through Service" has lists of opportunities to serve your community.


Color-A-Smile - Would be a great activity for younger kids.  Kids color coloring pages and these are then sent to people in nursing homes.  We did this when our boys were younger.

Do you have any other ideas for service projects for homeschoolers?  Let me know!


1 comment:

My Blessings From Above said...

Thank you for posting these Debbie! We already do Operation Christmas Chid but I was unaware of the others. I will be sharing these on my blog too. I think we will do at least one other one. There seems to be a need more than ever today.