What to do when you don't have the kids: Part 2

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Years ago when the kids were younger (I know this is hard to believe!) I was normally caught up on my albums. As the kids got older I got farther behind. I also started stamping when a friend from church introduced me to it. That definitely didn't help my scrapbooking either! I was dividing my time between scrapbooking and stamping. Eventually I was stamping more than anything else. I think there was more motivation because I was able to sell some of my cards. But I truly want to stay current with my scrapbooks. It was one of my goals this year to get caught up. By caught up I mean about six months behind the current date. As it stands now I am about 18 months behind in each album (I do an album for each boy and then one for Tim and I). This wouldn't be a big deal except the farther I get behind the more I lose my love of scrapbooking. Not because I don't love to scrapbook, but because I feel like I have to hurry to get the pages done so I am not so far behind. If I am caught up I just enjoy the process so much more. So since the boys are away doing activities this week I sat down today and did some scrapbooking. I have made it to 2008! I am so excited!!! Here are a few of the pages....



This last one doesn't have journaling on it yet....


2 comments:

Schrader family said...

ditto here too, but I am farther behind then that. I hope to get caught up one day. I am sooo just loosing my love for it.

Anonymous said...

Wow you're good! I don't even want to discuss how far behind my photos are.