HOTM Weekly Meme-Where I Find My Christmas Joy

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where do I find my Christmas joy? What makes this season so important? There are so many reasons why Christmas brings me joy. First, there is the miracle of Christmas...that God would become a man and live among us because He loved us so much. This concept is mind-boggling to me. Who would want to trade heaven for life here on earth?
I also find joy in my family. During December we get to spend more time with each other. Life slows down a bit for us after all the Christmas preparations have been made. I find joy in my sons' excitement over Christmas. I find joy in our Christmas traditions: decorating the tree, setting up our village, reading one of the Jotham books.
Other things that bring me Christmas joy: my favorite Nativity scene (seen above), the woodsy smell of pine, Christmas lights on homes in our town, eggnog, cookies, and Christmas music.
"Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

No comments: