The Grace Card

Thursday, September 29, 2011

tgc

Last night Tim and I watched The Grace Card.  I had eagerly been waiting to see this movie since "Grace" is my Word of the Year.  This movie is pretty hard-hitting when it comes to what a person needs to do in the face of hurt and pain.  Both the main characters (two police officers) must learn to forgive and show grace to those around them.

One of the concepts that God is teaching me is how freeing it is to forgive another person.  So many times we want to hold on to the anger and the pain, but by doing that we only hurt ourselves and our other relationships. This idea really comes through in the movie...that unforgiveness leads to bitterness which leads only to more broken relationships.

I would highly recommend The Grace Card. The movie has a website with more resources (free Bible study/devotional based on the movie and lists of helpful books).  Is there someone you need to extend grace (forgiveness) to?  It may be the best decision of your life!  I know it was for me!

"I promise to pray for you every day, ask your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend always."


No comments: