Organized Simplicity (Booking It)

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Who doesn't need a bit more organization in their lives? I know I do!  Because I homeschool and teach Spanish lessons during the school year, I have no time to really deal with the clutter in my house. When Jessica at Life as Mom came out with her Booking it list and saw the title Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living, I knew I needed this book!

So I purchased it way back in the spring and got started decluttering our house. My schedule during the school year makes it impossible to do serious deep cleaning and decluttering at that time.  Summers work for me.  As I type it is June.  I know this post won't publish until September, but I just needed to get down my thoughts as I go through this process.



So far I have decluttered the living room and am currently working on the kitchen. What I love about this book is that there is a plan...a ten day plan to be exact to declutter and clean your home.  The plan however is flexible...I am not doing it in ten days straight, but rather doing one room at a time, taking a break, and then continuing on to the next room when it fits my schedule.  My hope is that the whole house will get done this summer.

Tsh Oxenreider's book is divided up into two main parts: Living Simply and Ten Days to a Simpler Home.  The first part discusses her attitude towards possessions, money, and simple living.  The second part is the nuts and bolts...giving you step by step instructions on how to simplify each room in your home.  There is also a part in the back of the book which gives recipes for homemade cleaning products and how to do a Home Management Notebook.

I have set up a Home Management Notebook, but I don't call it that...this is what I came up with:

LOL! This notebook really has given me "peace of mind" because it is a piece of my mind!  Check out Tsh's book...it has been one of the best book purchases I have have made this year!


No comments: